Tips on SK epic

They enjoy your pain.
Rayne

Tips on SK epic

Post by Rayne »

Some quick advice for the SK epic:

1) You can safely skip the darkforge armour quests with Kurron Ni. I have completed this epic twice on CD without doing the darkforge quests. FWIW Kurron Ni drops the "Letter to Duriek" without any turn-in.

2) Truespirit faction is important for SK epic turn-ins. Casual Dreams has increased faction rates, so you'll hit indifferent very easily (you need at LEAST indifferent to do turn-ins without hide/sneak/invis). BECAUSE OF THIS your actual epic quest experience may differ a little from the guides you come across. E.g. In my run-through my truespirit faction was already above indifferent, so when I hailed Marl Kastane and asked "What prophecy?" (attempting to obtain the "Seal of Kastane"), Marl Kastane didn't give me the item. Instead I received dialogue from further into the epic. THIS IS NOT A BUG because some of the quests are linked to your truespirit faction, and It just means that this part of the quest is simply for the purpose of raising Truespirit faction (which is less of an issue on Casual Dreams). Your actual mileage will vary. Engage critical thinking skills to keep your items safe.

3) Marl Kastane can be found in Tox (the updated Tox, which you travel to from any magus). Some guides say to look in Kerra Isle but this isn't necessary (I never visited Kerra Isle in completing the SK epic).

4) Make sure that you "hail" and go through dialogue with NPCs PRIOR to turning in items. At certain points items may be eaten because this isn't followed. Better safe than not.

5) Decrepit hide is a pita. You can clear all Ashenbones in hate and not get a single drop.

6) Rhazar, in Rathe Mountains, is spawned by killing the drakes on the west side of the map ("obsidian drake", "onyx drake", "ebon drake", BUT NOT "a drake")

7) In the Hole: you need the key from the chests (mimics) to give to Caradon to spawn Kyrenna.

8) In the Hole: when giving your Dark Shroud to the Ghost of Glohnor (fallen erudites are the placeholders), the Mummy of Glohnor MAY NOT SPAWN WHERE THE GHOST IS. The Mummy of Glohnor WILL spawn in the underground graves nearby (so don't panic if the Mummy doesn't spawn in front of you).

9) Some guides list TWO endings to the SK epic: Looting directly from Lhranc or turning in Lhranc's coin. THE LATTER (coin turn-in) is active on Casual Dreams, and although some guides call it a "coin" it is actually called "Lhranc's token" on Casual Dreams.

Hope that helps.
Rayne

Re: Tips on SK epic

Post by Rayne »

This was stated in an earlier post, but i'll place it here also.

The Ghoulbane DOES DROP from Joren Nobleheart in the Felwithe mage guild on Casual Dreams. There are no faction hits (that I recall).

I have obtained 3 Ghoulbanes on Casual Dreams:

2 (from 2) Shin Lord kills in upper guk (both times I killed him he dropped both the bracer AND sword at the same time, curiously the sword graphic wasn't visible in his hands at either time).
1 (from 1) Joren Nobleheart kill in Felwithe mage guild.

Your actual mileage may vary.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Update: It seems that Kurron Ni is no longer guaranteed (or never was) to drop the Letter from Duriek (without the Darkforge Quests). If anyone can confirm from 19/06/17-onwards that he still drops it without the quest pieces, along with your success rate, it would be helpful.
Villy

Post by Villy »

When I completed my epic on my SK, I received the letter first drop/kill on Kurron.

I also went and did the silly darkforge stuff, although have heard reports of him dropping the letter without the quest
Kemofup

Post by Kemofup »

As of April of 2018, Kurron Ni still drops the letter without Darkforge quests. I had to kill him twice but he dropped it on the second kill. His respawn was only 15-20 minutes.
Madpeep

Post by Madpeep »

I can also confirm that Kurron Ni still drops the letter. I killed him on my beastlord to use the letter on my DE SK and he dropped it the very first kill. My beastlord obviously didn't do the darkforge quests, so they're unrelated to the npc having or dropping the letter or not.