Darklily's Epic journal - Easy to follow, step by step

They enjoy your pain.
Darklily

Darklily's Epic journal - Easy to follow, step by step

Post by Darklily »

Level 60, 9 AAs, Dark Elf. (1 box)

- DAY 1 -
Step 1 - PREPARATION
Bought 1 Enchanted Platinum Bar from the imbued/enchanted vendor in the bazaar.
Bought some Cloudy Potions (just in case you think you will have trouble turning something into an NPC).
POSSIBLY kill Moltak in Temple of Solusek Ro to reset your TrueSpirit faction to 0. (I didn't do this and later regretted it.)

Step 2 - FIGHT WITH KURRON NI
Skipped the Darkforge quests and went straight to Kurron Ni in the Overthere Outpost.
(Kurron Ni can be found in the fort on the far north side of the Overthere. He's just inside the fort's right side wall.)
The fastest way to get to him is by taking the portal stone to the Overthere from the Plane of Knowledge. You'll wind up right near Kurron, but on the opposite side of the wall from where he is.
Don't even bother talking to him, just kill him. He dropped a 'Letter to Duriek' on the first kill (15-20 minute respawn time).

Step 3 - LETTER TO DURIEK
Headed to Paineel. Duriek was in the windowed building overlooking the newbie field.
If he's gone, someone must have despawned him from a turn-in and it takes 24 hours for him to respawn.
His nearby friend was attacking me, so I had to do a quick faction fix. (Headed across the newbie yard, cleared the Warrens, only took about 10 minutes.)
Duriek does not respond when hailed, other than turning toward you. Duriek is indifferent to me!
When you turn in the letter, you'll get dialogue. I didn't have to do anything special to turn in the letter, such as invis shenanigans.
'What apprentice?'
'I will replace him'

Step 4 - SMAKA THE OGRE
Warped right to the Neriak Foreign Quarter from a Magus.
Smaka is a shopkeep on the south side of the foreign quarter, bottom-middle of the map. SMAKA's shop is called 'Bites 'N Pieces' and there is a sign that says so. Her shop is on the left side of this area.
'Hail, Smaka'
'I need a bottle of cough elixir'
Trade 1000 pp to Smaka to receive the Cough Elixir.

Step 5 - COUGH ELIXIR TO DURIEK
Didn't need to Hail, just handed him the elixir.
'Where was he searching?'

Step 6 - RATMAN GUARDS
Headed across the newbie yard to The Hole.
If you're not familiar with how to get in, there's a false door made out of rock in the shallow pool at the bottom.
If you haven't hunted here, you can safely stalk around and find a Ratman Guard using Invis vs. Undead.
I killed here a lot though (Underfoot faction can't get any worse), so I had to swarm my way through. ;D
Ratman Guards can be a little tough to find, but I have the most luck nearby the Protector of the Ruins.
I had to kill three Ratmen Guards before finding 'a Dusty Tome'.
(Even though this is for much later in the quest, I also grabbed a key from the Mimics behind the false wall in The Strong Box, which is nearby this area. They are now called 'a chest' instead of Mimics. More on this later.)

Step 7 - DUSTY TOME TO DURIEK
Turned in 'a Dusty Tome'.
(He wanted the Ghoulbane, the Soul Leech, the Blade of Abrogation, and the Decrepit Sheath.)

Step 8 - GHOULBANE
Used the magus to head straight to Southern Felwithe. The first guard was not KoS to me, but most of the zone was. I used Gather Shadows and was able to safely move to Joren Nobleheart.
Joren is in the right room on the North side of the map. You have to swim across the lake to reach the Felwithe Mage Guild, where he is located.
Killed him once and he dropped the Ghoulbane (Confirmed no faction hit).

Step 9 - SOUL LEECH, DARK SWORD OF BLOOD
Used the magus to head to the Mountains of Rathe. Summoned my mount and rode to The Feerrott, then it's a sharp right to the Plane of Fear.
Invis vs. Undead can help you move through the zone a little bit more efficiently, but you can get some AA experience here if you'd like.
Dread, Fright, and Terror were all up.
Note: Fright and Dread Deathtouch, so summon a skelly and send it at them first.
Apparently these guys have a 72-75 hour respawn!
However I got what I needed in just two kills. I sent a skelly pet to Dread, killed his adds, and killed him. No blade.
Killed Terror and he dropped not only the Soul Leech, but also Puppet Strings, which came in handy for getting my (useless) Overthere Hammer and will come in handy whenever you are doing turn-ins with NPCs who can see invis or have painful faction fixes.
I realize I was very lucky to get all I needed in two kills. ;D

Step 10 - THE BLADE OF ABROGATION
Went to the Guild Hall teleporter and purchased a Cloudy Stone of Veeshan to reach the Plane of Sky.
Casted Gather Shadows and made my way through the islands.
When something is carrying the blade, you should be able to see it holding the sword.
I went all the way to Spiroc Island, searching. If you engage the spirocs, just know they swarm you and keep respawning unless you kill every specific type in a specific order (You'd want to kill Vanquishers first if you want to clear the island before engaging Lord Spiroc).
However I was able to stay invis and walk past them. I found the Spiroc Lord standing near the gate to Island 7. He was not carrying any swords, but if you kill him, he will instantly respawn. The first time he respawned, he was carrying two blades for me. Luckily one was the Blade of Abrogation (So I had to kill him twice in a row).
Note: You REALLY have to watch your HP here. Lord Spiroc was able to do a surprising amount of damage against me.

Step 11 - TEYDAR AND THE DECREPIT SHEATH
Used the Magus to go to Qeynos. The zone-in to the Qeynos Aqueduct System was nearby (through an invisible wall to my right), just had to swim down. Casted Gather Shadows.
I was very unfamiliar with this zone, but your goal is to make it to the diamond-like structure on the far east side of the map.
Once I was to Teydar, he was amiable to me (and so was the rest of this very crowded room).
'Hail, Teydar'
'Can you fashion a decrepit sheath?'

Step 12 - HUNTING FOR THE DECREPIT SHEATH 1: DRAKE SPINE
Rharzar can be found in the middle-left section of the map (west side of the map in the middle). If there are 'five' sections on the left side of the map, this would be the third section from either the top or bottom, sort of shaped like a right triangle. It's the area with merchants Ukla and Guzzla.
The drakes repop every five minutes.
Killed every 'obsidian drake', 'onyx drake', and 'ebon drake' I could find. They fall to a single cast of Drain Soul or Spear of Plague.
I rode around on my mount spamming the tab key. The nearby guards were amiable to me and even the named scarabs in the upper-left section left me alone, so no worries about being KoS to anything here.
After about three clears, my tab key found 'Rharzar', but I couldn't see him. So I cast a spell and let him come to me.
He is a smaller graphic than the others, a small green dragon. He's so tiny that you may not be able to see him if you're levitating and on a mount like I was. Also, it was foggy at the time. One kill of Rharzar got me a Drake Spine.

-END OF DAY 1-
Part of the reason I was able to do so much of my epic quest in a day was because of all the excellent information from other SKs on this board, so thank you <3
Last edited by Darklily on 21 Mar 2019 10:49, edited 2 times in total.
Darklily

Re: Darklily's Epic journal - Easy to follow, step by step

Post by Darklily »

- DAY 2: Technical difficulties... -

I pushed forward with enthusiasm, blissfully unaware I was about to face two infamous bottlenecks.

Inventory check:
-1 Puppet Strings with 9 charges (OPTIONAL).
-39 Cloudy Potions (OPTIONAL - Good to have if you don't have your Invis AA yet and think there might be trouble trading something in to an NPC).
-1 Cell Key (OPTIONAL - I picked this up early during Step 6)
-1 Enchanted Platinum Bar (From Step 1)
-1 Ghoulbane (From Step 8)
-1 Soul Leech, Dark Sword of Blood (From Step 9)
-1 Blade of Abrogation (From Step 10)
-1 Drake Spine (From Step 12)

STEP 13: HUNTING FOR THE DECREPIT SHEATH 2: DECREPIT HIDE
It's off to the Plane of Hate!
The Decrepit Hide drops from 'an ashenbone drake'.
If you look around the 'net, you'll find many horror stories; terrible streaks of bad luck finding a Decrepit Hide. There are stories of people who had to kill over 300 of these things, or have never seen a single one drop on 20 different raids. Confidence waning, I went to the Plane of Hate (used a 'Fuligan Soulstone of Innoruuk' from the Guild Hall teleporter).
First of all, stay in the northern square. If you venture too far south, you'll stop seeing ashenbone drakes and see hatebone drakes instead. Secondly, try and find 'an ashenbone broodmaster' (used to be called 'Ashenbone Broodmaster', should be in a building in the southwest quadrant of the north square). By all accounts, the broodmaster seems to have a higher droprate for Decrepit Hides and you rarely see it mentioned in SK 1.0 guides. However, the broodmaster was not up for me. :(
I moved around the northern third of the map, checking inside buildings, killing every ashenbone drake I could find. I got a lot of adds, but that was fine for earning AAs at my level. I counted my kills, and fortunately my luck held true. After just 10 ashenbone kills, I looted my Decrepit Hide.

STEP 14: FASHIONING THE DECREPIT SHEATH
I returned to Teydar in the Qeynos Aqueduct System.
'Hail, Teydar' (I believe the Hail is necessary.)
Turn in - the Drake Spine, the Decrepit Hide, and the Enchanted Platinum Bar. (NOTE: Be very careful you're not trading to his pet, who stands very close by!)
You get a 'Decrepit Sheath'.

STEP 15: CORRUPTED GHOULBANE
With all the pieces in hand, It was time to return to Paineel and visit Duriek.
Turn in - the Ghoulbane, the Soul Leech, the Dark Sword of Blood, the Blade of Abrogation, and the Decrepit Sheath.
You get a 'Corrupted Ghoulbane'. (NOTE: This de-spawns Duriek! Supposedly Duriek has a 24-hour respawn time.)

STEP 16: FIND LHRANC IN THE CITY OF MIST
I used the Magus to go to the Field of Bone. If you head east, you will reach The Emerald Jungle. From there, the entrance to the City of Mist is on the east side of the eastern structure (looks like jungle ruins).
At this point, I was getting giddy. I've completed the SK epic twice in the past, and I know this is the place where it all ends, later on...
In the city, I gathered shadows and made my way west across the ruins. Lhranc was standing right where I expected, behind the door of the large building on the west side of the map. (Lhranc was kindly!)
'Hail, Lhranc'
'What curse?'
'What is the cure?'

STEP 17: FIND KNARTHENNE SKURL IN TOXXULIA FOREST
Using the Magus again, I went to Toxxulia. If you head southwest from the succor point (don't cross the water, stay on the mainland), you'll find Knarthenne Skurl near the end of the penninsula.
Knarthenne was amiable to me.
'Hail, Knarthenne Skurl'
'What heart of an innocent?'
You get a 'Soulcase'.

STEP ??: FIND MARL KASTANE, ALSO IN TOXXULIA FOREST (THE BOTTLENECK AND THE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES)
So far, so good, right? My woes begin here.

(What follows is A LOT of experimentation. Please don't make the same mistakes I did!!! The REAL Step 18 is two posts down. If you are just following the steps, you can find Step 18 on day 3.)

I remembered Rayne mentioning that you can go to Toxx (revamp) instead of Toxxulia to more easily find Marl Kastane. I went back to the Magus and tried clicking on 'tox'.
'You say, 'tox'
Magus Jerira translocates you to tox.
Magus Jerira whispers to you, 'How about toxxulia?'

((But nothing happened. I didn't get teleported. I'm confused. I'm not sure why I can't go to tox. I can get to the Gunthak zones, Crescent Reach, etc. The only other place I've ever tried to go and it said I couldn't was Blightfire Moors. I did some research on the forums here and it seems someone else has a 'You have 0 of 0 expansions' message just like me when logging in. Maybe that has something to do with it?))

Reluctantly, I tell the Magus 'toxxulia' and I'm back where I was.

This time I headed straight across the lake from Knarthenne, there's a small door/tunnel that lets you into Kerra Isle. At this point, I highly recommend casting Gather Shadows, because I hate killing Kerrans. (They are too cute to kill^^)

Marl Kastane has a 36-hour respawn time, so I really hope he's up. Fortunately he is, and he's indifferent to me!
'Hail, Marl Kastane'
'I have the will of Innoruuk'
'What prophecy?'

...but...no Seal of Kastane. I try the dialogue in different ways, even tried feign death, and cannot get the Seal.
The same thing happened to Rayne, and she gave some cryptic hints about raising Truespirit faction. I did some research and did find a few other people who have had this problem in the past. Trouble is, nobody seems to have any idea exactly how much TrueSpirit is needed. As far as I know, I've never damaged my TS faction. Plus this whole time, I've been gaining positive Truespirit faction with every turn-in. Some of the steps even gave me +100 TS faction instead of the normal +10, so Marl must be a VERY finicky bastard.

Needless to say, this has never happened to me before during the SK epic, so I was at a little bit of a loss.

I've never had to farm Truespirit faction in my whole EverQuest career, so I wasn't sure where to begin. I did some research and found out that there aren't any NPCs or mobs you can kill to raise TS faction. There's one NPC you can kill to 'reset your TS faction back to zero', but I'm not sure if my TS faction is positive or negative, etc, and I'd hate to do it and lose all the positive TS faction I've already earned doing this quest.

I was worried that if I do any of the earlier steps in my SK epic, it might screw up the quest and all the progress I've made.

It's also really hard to tell what your current TS faction value is. Most of the NPCs I've dealt with have been amiable or indifferent to me. I headed to The Temple of Solusek Ro and everything's fine there.

It looks like there are a few reliable ways to raise TS faction. One involves partnering with an Enchanter (or using puppet strings), killing a pirate, charming a ghost that pops out, giving a gem to somebody, etc. Sounds a bit too much of a headache, even though I have puppet strings and can probably create and level an enchanter fast. I am a stubborn 1-boxxer and don't want to 2-box if I can avoid it.

The other seems like much less of a headache, the beginning of the Wizard Epic! So I give it a try--
At The Temple of Solusek Ro, I find Solomen.
'Hail, Solomen'
'What history?'
'What Wizards?'
'I agree.'
You receive a Note to Camin.

I'm ... really surprised that worked. I've never done an off-class epic quest before.

Next, it's time to head to Erudin via the Magus to find Camin. (From the docks, Gather Shadows, then head left. There is a teleporter at the back of the Palace. Then find the Vasty Inn. Camin is in a bedroom on the second floor.)

Camin was amiable to me! The hand-in to Camin worked, but it didn't award me any TS faction.
'Hail, Camin'
'What are you searching for?'
(NOTE: Camin was talking rudely to me even though he was amiable.)
The guides say you can keep handing Camin 1000 pp to keep raising your TS faction. Well, this is true. I greased his palms and got +10 TS. I handed him 5,000 pp total to get +50 TS faction. Expensive, but hopefully it got the job done. I figured that I can't be TOO FAR off the target faction needed.

So I headed back to Kerra Isle in Toxx. Marl still won't cough up the seal.

So I headed back to Camin. 5,000 more pp down the hole.

Back to Marl, still won't cough up the seal.

I tried doing the next part of the Wizard epic in Halas. But if you're a Dark Elf like me. Don't. Trust me, just don't.

At this point, I'm getting low on platinum, and I'm starting to feel a little sad.

There's GOT to be an easier, less expensive way. Rayne said something along the lines of TrueSpirit faction being 'less of an issue on Casual Dreams'.

I looked through some of the other class epics and finally decided to try one of the earlier steps of the Shadow Knight epic. At this point, it's worth the risk. I decided that the letter to Duriek might be a good bet, or maybe finding more Dusty Tomes in The Hole.

Back to The Overthere! (Plane of Knowledge, Overthere stone).

Good old Kurron Ni is up. I kill him. No letter to Duriek this time. I wait about 12 minutes and he pops again. No letter again! I guess it's true the letter doesn't drop every time.

The third time, it did drop and I turned the letter into Duriek (THANKFULLY he's back up, so his respawn time must be shorter than 24 hours on this server!)

I was expecting +10 TS faction for the letter, but to my surprise, it's +100! That pretty much means every letter is worth the equivalent of about 10,000 plat to me. I'm glad I didn't keep feeding money to Camin. Obviously this is what Rayne meant by her words. It's just a shame the Casual Dreams magic didn't affect Camin.

I had time to kill Kurron Ni just one more time before I had to log for the day, and no letter. So the success rate of getting the Letter to Duriek from Kurron so far is 2 out of 5.

I've been doing more research, and it looks like this part of the quest may be skippable.

Normally you get the 'Seal of Kastane' from Marl -> Give the Seal to Gerot Kastane to receive a 'Note to Marl' -> Give the note to Marl -> find the Cell Key from a Mimic -> Give the Cell Key to Caradon in the Hole

It LOOKS like you can skip the Seal of Kastane -> Note to Marl section entirely, go straight to Caradon and give him the key.

If that's the case, it will make this bottleneck go away entirely. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be willing to camp Kurron Ni, and at the very least I can gather Dusty Tomes for some TrueSpirit faction while I'm down there.

-END OF DAY 2-
Tomorrow: Back in the Hole!
Last edited by Darklily on 22 Mar 2019 09:11, edited 4 times in total.
Darklily

Post by Darklily »

An SK named Dachande wrote a guide, sort of a super-fast-abridged method to getting the 1.0 on a website that no longer exists.

I decided to summarize this guide here because it skips a lot of the tedium and plat sinks. No need to start with Kurron Ni anymore.

First - Kill Moltak in Temple of Solusek Ro to reset your TrueSpirit faction to 0 and buy the Enchanted Platinum Bar.

I. Ghoulbane to Corrupted Ghoulbane:
1. Southern Felwithe ->
Find Joren Nobleheart.
Kill Joren.
+Ghoulbane

2. Rathe Mountains ->
Find Rharzar.
+Drake Spine

3. Plane of Fear ->
Find Dread, Fright, Terror, Shade of Cazic Thule, or Cazic Thule.
Kill until you loot the Soul Leech.
+Soul Leech, Dark Sword of Blood

4. Plane of Sky ->
Find Lord Spiroc (or other mobs holding swords)
Kill until you loot the Blade of Abrogation.
+Blade of Abrogation

5. Plane of Hate ->
Find an ashenbone drake or an ashenbone broodmaster.
Kill until you loot the Decrepit Hide.
+Decrepit Hide

6. Qeynos Aqueduct System ->
Find Teydar.
Trade window, Drake Spine, Decrepit Hide, Enchanted Platinum Bar, invis, trade.
+Decrepit Sheath

7. Paineel ->
Find Duriek Bloodpool.
Trade window, Ghoulbane, Soul Leech, Blade of Abrogation, Decrepit Sheath, invis, trade.
+Corrupted Ghoulbane

II. Heart of the Innocent to Head of the Valiant:
1. Toxxulia Forest ->
'Hail, Knarthenne Skurl'
'What heart of an innocent?'
+Soulcase

2. The Hole ->
Kill Mimics or Ratman Guards for a cell key.
Find Caradon.
Trade window, cell key, invis, trade.
-Cell Key
Kill Kyrenna.
+Blood of Kyrenna
+Heart of Kyrenna
Combine Heart of Kyrenna+Soulcase.
+Heart of the Innocent

3. Kerra Isle in Toxxulia Forest ->
Find Marl Kastane.
Trade window, Blood of Kyrenna, invis, trade.
+Dark Shroud

4. The Hole ->
Find Ghost of Glohnor
Trade window, Dark Shroud, IVU or FD, trade.
Kill Mummy of Glohnor in the crypts below.
+Head of Glohnor
+Glohnor Wrappings

5. Kerra Isle in Toxxulia Forest ->
Find Marl Kastane.
Trade window, Glohnor Wrappings, invis, trade.
+Will of Innoruuk

6. Paineel ->
Find Gerot Kastane near the elevator.
Trade window, Head of Glohnor, invis, trade.
+Head of the Valiant

III. Final:
1. City of Mist ->
Find Lhranc.
Trade window, Corrupted Ghoulbane, Heart of an Innocent, Head of the Valiant, Will of Innoruuk, IVU or FD, trade.
+Lhranc's Coin
Kill Lhranc.
Marl Kastane appears.
Trade window, Lhranc's Coin, invis, trade.
+Innoruuk's Curse

That would put me in section 2, step 2. As you can see, a lot of silliness is skipped such as the 1,000 pp cough elixir, TrueSpirit faction, and dealing with the Seal of Kastane. If you've never done this before though, it's worth doing the whole quest to follow the storyline.

If you choose to follow this abridged guide, I would suggest always Hailing, always using Invis clicky/FD/IVU clicky/Puppet Strings/Hide/whatever tricks you have at your disposal to make these trade-ins safe.
Darklily

Post by Darklily »

- Day 3 -

Inventory check:
-1 Puppet Strings with 7 charges (OPTIONAL).
-36 Cloudy Potions (OPTIONAL - Good to have if you don't have your Invis AA yet and think there might be trouble trading something in to an NPC).
-1 Cell Key (OPTIONAL - I picked this up early during Step 6)
-1 Corrupted Ghoulbane (from Step 15)
-1 Soulcase (from Step 17)
-1 Letter to Duriek (OPTIONAL - I was trying to fix TrueSpirit faction)

(OPTIONAL) WASTING MORE TIME ON TRUESPIRIT:

Disheartened but not broken, I continued in vain to fix my TrueSpirit faction. I was determined to get Marl Kastane to cough up his 'Seal of Kastane'. And if nothing else, what I'm doing here may give future SKs an idea of how much TS faction is needed to get him to cooperate.

When I logged in, Kurron Ni was up again. I killed him and got a second Letter to Duriek. His odds of dropping the letter were a little better than 50% for me. I went to Duriek Bloodpool in Paineel and traded them both in. That's +200 more TS faction. Then I went into The Hole to find some Dusty Tomes off some Ratman Guards.

After killing five of them, one tome did finally drop. These guys can be a little stingy with their tomes. I turned the Dusty Tome into Marl, and it only gave +7 TrueSpirit Faction. So don't waste your time hunting for additional Dusty Tomes if you want TS faction.

(OPTIONAL): FIND MARL KASTANE IN TOXXULIA FOREST
You can TRY to use the magus to port to 'tox' instead of 'toxxulia' and see if it works for you. Supposedly Marl is easier to find in the revamped Tox, but I couldn't go there for some reason.

Anyway, in Toxxulia Forest, Marl Kastane has a 36-hour respawn time, so if he's not up, it could be a long wait. Kerra Isle is straight across the lake from Knarthenne. There's a small door/tunnel there that lets you into the island proper. Gather Shadows if you don't want to slay piles of Kerrans.

(Marl really isn't that hard to find (it's a really small island). He's in the north half of the island. If you cross the bridge and take a right, then follow the curve, you'll run right into him.)

'Hail, Marl Kastane'
'I have the will of Innoruuk'
'What prophecy?'

At this point, if he doesn't give you the 'Seal to Kastane', you can tell him to go kick some rocks!
I had earned +414 more TrueSpirit Faction since the last time he didn't give me the seal and I had sunk 10,000 platinum and a significant amount of time into the effort as well.

If he does cooperate, though, you can do the following:
Give the Seal to Gerot Kastane to receive a 'Note to Marl' -> Give the note to Marl
This sequence of events leads right up to Step 18.

STEP 18: FIND CARADON IN THE HOLE
Hopeful that I might be able to skip the 'Seal to Kastane' entirely, I had the Magus send me back to Paineel.
The Hole is a complex zone, and finding Caradon isn't easy. Even if you've been here a lot, there are many areas you may have never seen because it's very maze-like and there are so many hidden secrets.
I have provided directions in case you have trouble finding him:
1) If you zone in from the newbie yard, venture in until you come to the first large courtyard with the bridge leading up and into a building.
2) Instead of going up the bridge, turn left and go down the dirt ramp.
3) The ramp ends abruptly with a fall.
4) Go ahead and fall down off the ramp into the courtyard.
5) Across from where you fell, there should be a door nearby. Go through it and take the left path.
6) Down this hallway, you can either turn left to go down a hallway or go through a closed door on the right. Go through the door.
7) Go down two flights of stairs and go straight through the next door.
8) You should now be in the 'jail' area. Go in and turn left and you should see Caradon in a cell.
If he isn't here, he has a 36-hour respawn time.
'Hail, Caradon'
'Who is Kyrenna?'
'Where is Kyrenna?'
(If you already have the key like I do, you can skip to step 20.)
(Caradon was at least indifferent to me, but I think he thought of my kindly.)

STEP 19: MIMICS! - FIND THE CELL KEY
In the city area of The Hole where there are old shops with many ghosts wandering around (bottom middle of the map), there is a bank called "The Strong Box". I fought my way inside and found the fake wall at the back. I went down the stairs and there were three mimics waiting for me, but they are now called "a chest" instead of "mimic". The third chest dropped the 'cell key' for me, but you may end up having to camp here a little bit. Their respawn time seems to be around 15 minutes.

STEP 20: KILL KYRENNA
I handed my cell key to Caradon and Kyrenna appeared right next to him. I targeted Kyrenna and killed her, then looted the Blood of Kyrenna and Heart of Kyrenna. (Caradon will be beating on you this entire time, but it's Shadow Knight tradition to move away, feign death, and let him return to his spawn point instead of killing him. Since Caradon has a long respawn time, it's considered rude to your fellow SKs to kill him.)

STEP 21: CREATING THE HEART OF THE INNOCENT
I placed the Heart of Kyrenna in the Soulcase and pressed Combine to receive the 'Heart of the Innocent'.

STEP 22: GIVE THE BLOOD TO MARL KASTANE
This was the moment of truth for me. Will Marl finally cooperate, despite never giving me his seal and me never even talking to Gerot? Despite all my TrueSpirit faction farming, Marl is still indifferent to me, and still stubbornly won't cough up the seal. None-the-less, I decided to try my luck and hand over the Blood of Kyrenna.
I opened the Give window, I used a Cloudy Potion (just to be safe), and I clicked "Give".
Thank Innoruuk, a Dark Shroud was at the end of my cursor!!!
This also didn't despawn Marl, which is great. I wasn't ready to forgive him for all he put me through, but I was so relieved he cooperated with me.

STEP 22: FIND THE GHOST OF GLOHNOR
The northwest corner of The Hole is called 'the temple'. Outside and around this building is sometimes known as 'the courtyard' or 'the temple graveyard'. As you approach it, you go downhill and you'll be in a valley looking uphill at a fort-like place with two ghosts and two gargoyles guarding it.
Once you clear the courtyard in front of the temple's main entrance, there are graveyard areas to the left and right of the temple, with broken coffins laying about.
There is also a door in the left graveyard which leads down into the temple's basement. This area is a crypt with more coffins.
I patrolled each of these areas, clearing the courtyard, left and right graveyards, and crypt. There are non-KOS ghosts floating around. Feel free to kill them if you get bored. There is no faction hit.
But you need to kill every 'a fallen erudite' you find, hoping the Ghost of Glohnor appears. During my third clear, he appeared in the basement crypt. Luckily he was indifferent to me, so I gave him my Dark Shroud without having to worry about IVU, etc. He despawned.

STEP 23: FIND THE MUMMY OF GLOHNOR
The Mummy spawns right after the hand-in, and always seems to spawn in the basement crypt. I found him in the next room over from where the ghost spawned. I killed the Mummy of Glohnor and looted the 'Head of Glohnor' and 'Glohnor wrappings'.

STEP 24: GIVE THE HEAD OF GLOHNOR TO GEROT
In Paineel, I took the elevator down. Gerot Kastane is in the first large, circular room and he was kindly to me!
But this was another moment of truth. There was no telling if never giving his letter to Marl would cause any problems with this turn-in.
'Hail, Gerot Kastane'
Being that he was kindly, I decided to risk giving him the 'Head of Glohnor' without invis. It worked!
You get the Head of the Valiant.

STEP 25: GIVE THE WRAPPINGS TO MARL
This arsehole again. >:(
He's still indifferent to me, but whatever. I did the invis trick while trading to him, because I still don't trust him.
Turn in - 'Mummy wrappings'
You get 'the Will of Innoruuk'.
YASSSSSS! I'm ELATED because that means I should be able to complete everything else without worrying about ruining the quest order.
I took a look at my inventory and couldn't help but smile:
I had the Corrupted Ghoulbane, the Heart of the Innocent, the Head of the Valiant, and the Will of Innoruuk. These are all the iconic items I worked so hard for that will lead to the final turn-in. I'm so close!

STEP 26: BACK TO LHRANC
It's time to go back to the City of Mist!
Lhranc was standing just where I'd left him and he's kindly to me!
I handed him the Corrupted Ghoulbane, the Heart of the Innocent, the Head of the Valiant, and the Will of Innoruuk.
He gave me 'Lhranc's Coin' in exchange, came back to life, and spoke to me.
'Hail, Lhranc'
At this point, he'll be dismissive toward you and it's time to engage.

STEP 27: DEFEAT LHRANC
Lhranc puts up a little bit of a fight, but he's nowhere near the challenge of Lord Spiroc.

STEP 28: MARL APPEARS & ENDING!
Once I opened up the door behind me, Marl was standing on the steps outside. The jerkhole is still indifferent towards me.
I handed him Lhranc's Coin and used an invis potion, then clicked Give.
You receive the 'Innoruuk's Curse'.
YAY!!!

-END OF QUEST-

Takeaways:
-If you run into TrueSpirit faction issues and really want to fix it, Kurron Ni is the way to go.

-I'm thinking I will always kill Moltak in Temple of Solusek Ro before beginning any epic.

-I hate Marl Kastane and Camin.

-Steps 1-7 were likely entirely skippable. Epic 1.0 quests are way more flexible than I ever thought they were. If you run into a bottleneck and it's a delivery for information rather than a required component, you can probably skip it.

-If you skip the unnecessary steps and skip the Seal of Kastane nonsense, you can easily get this done in two days.

-Innoruuk's Curse really is kind of cool. It's got four slots on it and you can wear it in your Charm slot which is really nice (you can also still use it as a weapon). When you equip it, it seems to have some kind of truevision effect attached to it so it's easier to see in the dark, which is a nice touch. Two of the slots are Type 7, which is fantastic, one is Type 4 (weapon), and one is Type 8.

I was really hoping it would have "Effect: Two-Handed Bash (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)" active while I'm using my 2-hander, but unfortunately it doesn't work unless it's in your weapon slot. That's okay, though. I think there's an AA that will still let me do 2-handed bashing. I was also hoping Soul Consumption would be a clicky effect like the 2.0, but it's just a proc. I'm not sure if it procs during battle yet if it's in my charm slot, but it would be SO COOL if it did (Soul Consumption (Combat, Casting Time: Instant)).

I also can't seem to put anything into the Type 4 weapon slot while wearing it as a Charm, but maybe there's a type 4 weapon Aug out there somewhere that will work from the Charm slot. It would be AMAZING to put another weapon proc in there and have it operate off of my main weapon, but maybe that's wishful thinking. I will keep experimenting and see what I can come up with.
HuntressGem

Post by HuntressGem »

Thank you for this, it is a fantastic write-up! <3
Darklily

Post by Darklily »

HuntressGem wrote: 29 Mar 2019 15:42 Thank you for this, it is a fantastic write-up! <3
So glad you liked it! <3

I can now confirm Soul Consumption doesn't proc while you are wearing your epic as a charm, but I did stick an AC aug and a damage shield/regen aug in the two different Slot 7 slots, then the other two slots got a Dirty and Smokey gemstone which worked great. The resulting charm piece is very nice :)