Trouble completing Epic Quest

They like to really unleash on you.
Kunem56

Trouble completing Epic Quest

Post by Kunem56 »

Hello Berserkers, I'm looking for a little advice to get the Epic quest completed.

I've completed every step except for the very last one - killing the Raving Goblinmaster. Actually, I've killed him a few times, but he isn't dropping the Garbled Tome. According to the guide I'm using (which has been spot on for every step up to now), after killing the last wave of 3 Ferocious Goblins, the Raving Goblinmaster is supposed to attack when I hail him. I can't seem to get him to attack - I've tried hailing him in the water as he moves toward the end of his path, on land along the river and at the end once he goes ashore, and get no response. I either end up killing him with no loot, or if I wait till he goes ashore and attack him, he depops in mid fight saying I failed. Also, If I just follow him and wait for him to stop at the end of his path, he just depops and says I failed.

The guide seems to say after killing the last wave of 3 gobbies, the Raving Goblinmaster appears at the end, however for me, he just continues slowly moving down the river toward the end. I have moved ahead and confirmed there isn't another Raving Goblinmaster waiting at the end to be hailed.

Any Berserkers out there have any suggestions? I know the quest can be done, as I've talked to a zerker who recently finished his and got the Epic. I'm using an RoF2 client and I haven't had any other problems with the game or getting NPCs to respond to hails, etc.

Thanks, and btw, I'm really enjoying the server too!
Rayne

Re: Trouble completing Epic Quest

Post by Rayne »

Definitely working as intended right now. He doesn't respond when you hail him at the very last stop (guides state that he should have flavour text at this point), he simply attacks after the hail and then drops the Garbled Tome.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Raving Goblinmaster was walking instead of running, that was the main problem but there were others.

I sorted it all out and, while I was at it, I made a few tweaks to make this encounter more live-like.

Happy hunting.
Kunem56

Post by Kunem56 »

Thanks for the updates, Poru - I'll give it another shot!