Respawn times

Polite and constructive conversation.
Emphyrio

Respawn times

Post by Emphyrio »

Hey :). I've noticed respawn times are usually very different on Casual server. In most cases it's a good thing, having the raid encounters respawning faster etc, but I have noted three exceptions :

- The first 2 are East Karana and Skyfire Mountains. Live server respawn time for trash mobs is around 60 seconds (63 for skyfire, EK it varies a bit it seems). These 2 zones are involved in mage (Quillmane) and ench (Felia Goldenwing) epics. If I am not wrong the respawn times on Casual are much longer, around 7 minutes in Skyfire and something in these lines in EK (harder to track placeholders respawn there). I still managed to complete both epics but it makes these 2 camps kinda annoying (although having the zones empty and no competition for the spawns and being able to use macroquest map helps a lot compared to some other servers, but still makes it 7 times slower than on normal live servers).

- Second one is plane of growth. To kill Tunare you need to almost empty the zone before attacking her. I tried that yesterday, cleared all the named and pulled the rest by packs of 10-20 to AE them, but the respawn of the trash seems really way too fast. By the time I had mostly cleared the west side, east side was almost fully repopped. They're light blue cons but that still means 100+ adds all aggro on you or your pet as soon as you engage Tunare. Maybe tank classes with AE weapons can deal with it but I didn't stand a chance, too many small 5-10 dmg hits, too many ailments going through despite 500+resists fully buffed, couldn t even just keep using potions. Wonder if any caster class managed to solo her? If it's manageable I'll try again with more AAs later, but seems really unlikely. In comparison Coirnav or PoT seem much easier.
Emphyrio

Re: Respawn times

Post by Emphyrio »

Correction about plane of growth, gave it another shot with bigger pulls and less downtime and it seems doable, almost cleared it all, just Tunare s house left when the respanwn started. Apparently respawn for trash is one hour (versus 15h on live). Definitely very challenging (for very poor rewards^^) but sounds fun as it is.

The 7 minutes for EK/Skyfire is still a bit of an issue though imo.