Best Aug for Warriors

They are always willing to take a pounding.
Zelius

Best Aug for Warriors

Post by Zelius »

I know there are Dirty green and Smokey green gemstones, but is there a Comparable one for warriors? Wouldn’t let me augment my items with either smokies or dirties. Thanks.
Teudaan

Re: Best Aug for Warriors

Post by Teudaan »

The dirty/smokey green gemstones come in several variants so there exist one for warriors too, you just got unlucky :(. Keep farming raid bosses and server events and you might come across more. I actually found them sometime on 65 trash mobs in PoFire/Timeb etc but it must be rare. You might see the healer varients more due to less people playing those classes but just might be speculation on my part. Anyhow, i found there's a good alternative to those augments you can get from the brownie invasion event. The tainted brownie heart augment give just as good HP/AC with no stats; However, with the end game, stats dont matter so much anyway.
y2sky2003

Post by y2sky2003 »

There are four different dirties and smokies based on required class:

Melee (Warrior, Monk, Rogue, Berserker)
Hybrid (Paladin, Ranger, Shadow Knight, Beastlord, Bard)
Priest (Cleric, Druid, Shaman)
Caster (Necromancer, Wizard, Magician, Enchanter)

For some odd reason, the melee ones seem much more rare (although I'd concede it's RNG). However, Teudann is right in that HP/AC matters more than stats on your augs, especially for melee. Don't settle for less than smokies on your casters, though. Those versions come with valuable Stun Resist!
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Except for the aug in shield slot, AC doesn t really matter on augs for casters, as they only get 6% return over the AC cap (caps are very very low, for casters it's 75 AC if it works the same as on live). Stats are useless since you can max them from gear. HP and resists (at least till reaching 500 uncapped) and additional effects like stun resist/avoidance is what matters.