Adding player to Time instance

Polite and constructive conversation.
arzfire

Adding player to Time instance

Post by arzfire »

I was wondering if it is possible to add another player to a PoTime instance after it has started. I usually duo my way through Time and haven't had an issue if I start the instance with the two toons grouped. However, I haven't been able to add another person to the instance by grouping with them or with the raid tool. After joining the group, they zoned into a separate instance. We tried to form a raid after that but it may have been messed up since we had 2 instances going at that point. I've seen on the boards that Fabled ToV instances are shared across the account and guild, just curious if there is a similar setup for Time. I typically start my Time raids really early in the morning, it would be nice to add someone in later when more people are on. Thanks for the help.

-Arzamas 65 Wizard
-Armolas 65 Ranger
poru
Site Admin

Re: Adding player to Time instance

Post by poru »

Hi Arz,
I wrote the instance script for Fabled ToV precisely for that reason, I was unhappy with how the PoTime instance was handled (especially no late joins).

But I wanted to give it time and get feedback before I forced my ideal onto the PoTime raid.

With my script, if someone (friend, two-box, etc.) is in your Guild they can join anytime, as long as they are not already bound to an instance (so you can't hop guilds to get multiple runs a day).

Also, for solo players (one-box), you can start a Fabled ToV instance with one character and finish it with another on the same account.

It would be helpful if some other players who have experienced both instances chimed in with their feedback so I could get a better idea of pros/cons before I commit.
inwkxm

Post by inwkxm »

This is just my take.

PoT I really have not had anyone join with me on the server but on live we would have other players join as we moved through each event..

For FToV I have had a few join me at times. The only thing that was a bit off about it was they had to de-guild if guilded and join the one I was in to run it with me. I did not mind it but it was a bit challenging to figure out at first and they had to de-guild after the run to join back to their original guild.

I know when I played live when running LDoN group / raids you had to have the group / raid formed before you got the instance. But I seem to recall we were able to add new members to the group / raid if someone had to leave. But if to many left then you would be boot from the instance.

If I had a preference that would be something I would like to be able to do is add as you go. FToV is a bit different since there are requirements that must be in place to enter, but it would be fun to pull a few new 65s in on a run to cut their teeth with me :)

Toban
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Yeah, I glanced at my script today and could see where I started adding group functionality but got distracted by life.

I'm still distracted by life but improving that script is definitely on my long list.
arzfire

Post by arzfire »

If it was possible to add someone to a Time instance using the guild tag the way it is for fabled ToV, I think that we be sufficient. Yes, it would be more user friendly to just group, use /dzadd or the raid tool. However, I don't think this would be used often enough to warrant additional coding. If the code exists for ToV, I would imagine it would be easiest to use that for the Time instance.