UPDATE: Dain Frostweaver and the 9th/10th ring

Polite and constructive conversation.
Kontao

10th Coldain Ring Quest

Post by Kontao »

Sorry to bother you again, but I found another hiccup.

To start the ring war, you're supposed to turn in the Dirk of the Dain to receive the Declaration of War. Only, when i turn in the Dirk of the Dain (and it was the dirk of the Dain), i received no Delcaration. I received no text or anything. He just ate the Dirk.

Is there any way to check into this, and, if i could, get the dagger reimbursed to try again? I have the 9th ring as proof that i did that part of the quest.
poru
Site Admin

Re: 10th Coldain Ring Quest

Post by poru »

I fixed the Dain's script to return items if your faction isn't high enough.

10th Coldain Ring Quest does not exist on eqemu right now (maybe some servers have written it but not shared, I dunno).

I will dig into it more and probably write it myself when I have the time.
Kontao

Post by Kontao »

Oh! I was not aware of that. To think I've been doing EQEmu for going on 8-9 years and was not aware that this quest wasn't completed :mrgreen: This is also the first time I've ever attempted this quest on an emu as well, so that's probably why. Please don't rush on this or anything; I'll just hold onto the 9th ring and move on to NToV and Sleepers. But thanks for the heads up!
Kontao

Post by Kontao »

FYI, I just remembered that the people over at Blood and Rank just launched Velious on their server. I *believe* that the moderator there mentioned something about having a functioning Coldain ring quest there. Figured I'd toss that idea in there.
Kontao

Post by Kontao »

Wanted to give a heads up on this: got my faction to ally with Dain (I was already ally with Coldain), and tried the script and got nothing (just for shits and giggles). got no response. tried handing him the dagger (because I'm a sadist) and he ate the dagger again :lol:
Keefus

Dain Frostreaver IV and 8th ring turn in

Post by Keefus »

I attempted to turn in the Traitor's Bane Box with my 8th ring the Velium Coldain Insigna Ring. The Dain took the items but didn't give me the 9th ring, no flavor text, he just turned to face me. My faction is ally with the Dain and Coldain.

Quest outlined here http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=1290
Rayne

Re: Dain Frostreaver IV and 8th ring turn in

Post by Rayne »

Just to clarify (to help Poru investigate when he has the time), the Traitor's Bane Box that you turned in was combined into the "Box of the Guilty" before turn-in to the Dain?
Allakhazam: Coldain Ring #9: Coldain Hero's Insignia Ring wrote:Final Combine and Hand-In

In the Traitor's Bane Box, combine the five heads along with the Dirk of the Traitor. This produces a Box of the Guilty. Take this and the 8th ring (Velium Coldain Insigna Ring) to the Dain in Icewell Keep.
Keefus

Post by Keefus »

Yes, I had done the successful combine to the Box of the guilty and I turned it in with the 8th ring (it was late when I wrote that one up)
Rayne wrote:Just to clarify (to help Poru investigate when he has the time), the Traitor's Bane Box that you turned in was combined into the "Box of the Guilty" before turn-in to the Dain?
Allakhazam: Coldain Ring #9: Coldain Hero's Insignia Ring wrote:Final Combine and Hand-In

In the Traitor's Bane Box, combine the five heads along with the Dirk of the Traitor. This produces a Box of the Guilty. Take this and the 8th ring (Velium Coldain Insigna Ring) to the Dain in Icewell Keep.
Kontao

Post by Kontao »

I know this works because i have my Coldain 9th ring. But, last time i checked (which was over 4 months ago), the coldain ring war was bugged. Turning in the dirk does nothing. he just eats the dirk.
Kontao

Post by Kontao »

Any word on if this quest has been updated or implemented? I'm still holding my 9th ring, and would like to try the ring war to get the 10th ring.