UPDATE: Dain Frostweaver and the 9th/10th ring

Polite and constructive conversation.
Adarae

Post by Adarae »

Hello Poru,

I am relatively new to your server. But everything is quite enjoyable so far! I've been doing quests and content in order. As in to be able to do the things I was not able to so many years ago. There were was one, in particular that haunts me to this day! I have been doing the ring quests on my two characters. Adarae / Lyenae, both respectively a level 58 rogue and warrior. At the part where you had to turn in the 9th ring along with the box of guilty to Dain Frostweaver. He ended up taking my items without a response. He does return non-quest items. But if its a quest item, he'd take it without giving anything in return I've noticed now.. Tormax's head was another, I assumed he only accepted it because of max faction. To my dismay, he just eats up quest items regardless of faction.
Now, I know it's easy to just move on and forgo doing this quest all together. But hear me out! I was in a raid sect for over a year. A standard save / spend dkp type. I've bought four items over the course of a year and a half. Most of them relatively inexpensive, as I had my eye on the 10th ring. (You bid when the sect plans the war, though it's fairly uncommon for them to do so.) I ended up being 2nd place and the 1st place person already had the ring. For me, it was my time! Though, the internet's information wasn't very.. good at the time, I believe it was around 2001 or so. I went on the word of an officer, who was also leading a raid. He was distracted and I turned in my items out of order and had it eaten. Of course I got my ring restored through a GM. But the event was long gone. Within two weeks of that mishap. My entire sect disbanded and my DKP was voided. I was pretty devastated at what just happened. Luclin came about and everyone has forgotten the 10th ring or wanted to do it, then PoP. It was a void in my wishlist I wanted to fulfill and I know it sounds weird.. but darn it, I wanted that ring! If you can please advise, I would most appreciate it. I logged off there because of the despair and went to bed. Thank you for reading!

TL;DR Gave Dain my 8th ring and box of guilty, he ate it.
poru
Site Admin

Re: Dain Frostweaver and the 9th/10th ring

Post by poru »

I don't think anyone in EQemu community has recreated the 10th ring event yet.

I can get your 9th ring/quest items back so you have them for the future.

Head turn-in should work with the right faction.

I will give it all a gander tomorrow, I am pretty tired tonight.
Adarae

Re: Dain Frostweaver and the 9th/10th ring

Post by Adarae »

Thank you!

So the triggers for Dain are broken? I was allied with him, yet he still took the quest items and Tormax head. Does that mean I am out of luck to acquire the 10th ring on either characters, Poru? I know the P1999 server is able to, yet I am not sure if that counts as an emulated server. All the other quests seem to work okay.

Have a good night and no rush!
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Dain is fixed and the 9th and 10th Rings are obtainable now.

Everything up to the 9th Ring should be live-like.

The 10th Ring War has a placeholder event, just Narandi, until I have the time to finish it.

Dain should no longer eat heads, rings, etc.
Adarae

Re: UPDATE: Dain Frostweaver and the 9th/10th ring

Post by Adarae »

Worked splendidly! Thank you, Poru! Also Narandi gave me two heads.. but the mutation is more than welcomed.
poru
Site Admin

Re: UPDATE: Dain Frostweaver and the 9th/10th ring

Post by poru »

Merged threads to better get the word out that 10th ring is available now.

One ring to rule them all!