Ancient beholder

Polite and constructive conversation.
rdgxray

Ancient beholder

Post by rdgxray »

I am trying to get a spiked steel baton from Ancient beholder. If I check on him and he isn't holding the baton, I don't really want to kill him. If I wait 24 hours will he despawn and respawn with new loot? Or do I need to kill him so he will respawn with new loot? Just wondering if I need to kill him every 24 hours (after lockout is over) to change his loot.
rdgxray

Re: Ancient beholder

Post by rdgxray »

I kept checking on beholder for several days, keeping a toon camped in his spawn area. Every few hours (not sure the exact time) he despawned and respawned with new loot. I could tell as new weapons would appear in his arms or no weapons at all. I checked when I could for two days with no baton. Then right when going to bed I checked one last time, he had what appeared to be spiked steel baton. I stayed up an extra 30 minutes and bam 2nd baton! This technique works, so if anyone else wants some specific weapon from him, check to see if he is holding it and if not don't kill him. The lockout for 24 hours will slow your attempts drastically.