an Undead Bard Spawn

They are very vocal and good with their instruments.
Stoteyripper

an Undead Bard Spawn

Post by Stoteyripper »

Was hoping that someone who has completed the bard epic could chime in on how "an undead bard" went for them. My experience so far is that I camped it for 12 hours straight and didn't see him. If its like live I wouldn't complain at all since he can take up to something like 18hours, however on live there was a few day long time window where he was up and trak wasn't. Here trak respawns every hour so I'm assuming if you aren't in the zone he gets slaughtered, whats up?
syrics

Re: an Undead Bard Spawn

Post by syrics »

It seems a little ridiculous to camp this spot for 12 hours on a casual server. Maybe the spawn time of the undead bard could be changed to instantaneous after trak dies? or make the bard/trak not KOS to each other? Maybe on a it spawns in a different location on this server?

Or maybe there is some information that we're missing. i know the rogue epic had a wall keeping me from it. where the brigand on top of the hill in WK needs to be there at a certain time. however, that specific time came and went several times before he actually spawned. i had to come back several times during the day on a weekend to hand in stuff to this guy. No problem in my opinion but it appears you do not have that option being that trak will kill the bard.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

Well, I checked it out and everything was fine.

Undead Bard spawned every hour, same as Trak.

If Trak kills the bard, just give it a few minutes and then kill Trak to stagger the spawns, right? So, at most, a 2 hour camp unless you're not actually paying attention, which was the case here i'd wager because nobody else seems to have had an issue with it.

That said, to give it more live-like window of opportunity, I made Trak and the minions in his chamber 2 hour respawns, and Undead Bard still respawns every hour.
Stoteyripper

Post by Stoteyripper »

poru there were times where I waited and watched for hours I also have a mq2 alert set and it never went off. he hasn't spawned and I was here for 12 hours straight yesterday and left toon overnight to check for spawn with MQ. Something def is borked or my mq2 didn't see it. but I would''ve seen it when I was at comp for all that time.
Stoteyripper

Post by Stoteyripper »

to be very specific trak was DEAD for 12 hours straight I never left trak up. he would literally pop and I would kill him so that there was no window for him to be up and kill the spawn potentially with aoe. but I was here and the bard never spawned I can tell you that. I cant speak for anyone who has done it or how they did it since I haven't been able to reach anyone yet. you are correct though in that if he did spawn at hour intervals that would be more than fine, but if that were the case I would've seen him pop.
Stoteyripper

Post by Stoteyripper »

for reference it is 11:45 est and I just killed trak. will let you know if he spawns in window or not.
Stoteyripper

Post by Stoteyripper »

been about an hr and 20 mins still no bard.
Stoteyripper

Post by Stoteyripper »

Trak repopped, no bard.
Stoteyripper

Post by Stoteyripper »

Crisis averted, leaving this here for reference to all the other bard youngins. JUST KEEP KILLING TRAKANON and he will eventually show this is fixed now.
poru
Site Admin

Post by poru »

To be more live-like I changed it so that Undead Bard pops 30-90 minutes after Trak is killed.

I also added Fabled Trak and Fabled Baron while I was there, don't die! :D