Mage Epic 1.0

They summon all the best toys.
chemst

Mage Epic 1.0

Post by chemst »

Is this quest worth doing as a mage? I saw on the overarching epics quest that mages cant scribe the spell util lv 46, but the epic 1.0 quests I saw made it seem like it was for an Orb. If this is worth doing, can someone link me to a valid guide? I tried to start one, but the first NPC in Lake Rathe (according to my guide) was nowhere to be found. Also, what level should I start it at?

I tried to follow the guides for the Orb of Mastery, but they say to find Rykas in Lake Rathe, but he did not show up on my map.

I would appreciate any pointers and tips.
dalien

Re: Mage Epic 1.0

Post by dalien »

Long term yes, it's absolutely worth doing since epics can go in your charm slot here and it's best in slot at endgame.

Short term, depends if this is your first character here or an alt. I got it for my mage twink at 46 and it's easily the best pet you can have until PoP at 62 or even 65. It will carry you through Kunark->PoP content until you get the PoP pets. It also completely trucks Naggy and Vox so if you want to farm them for drops you can just switch exp to 100% AA at level 51 and farm them until your heart's content.

If this is your first character here I would suggest just skipping it and waiting to work on it until you're 65; it's a hard quest to do alone untwinked at 46 or in the 50s.

As far as a guide, I just went by this checklist:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=760
chemst

Re: Mage Epic 1.0

Post by chemst »

I am running a mage + pally combo, so I can probably handle some of it. I may defer until mid 50s-60s. I was just going to get it started in case my travels ever took me to related zones.