Rogue Powa ~ = Sleeper Down

They like to take you from behind.
Aniac

Rogue Powa ~ = Sleeper Down

Post by Aniac »

I first started going to Sleepers Tomb in order to obtain the Mask of Tinkering off of Tukaarak the Warder, which does drop off him. I think it took 3-4 kills before I obtained.

However, while doing so, I also freed the Sleeper several times and used these as an opportunity to test the Sleeper...get an idea of what he is like...how hard he hits....how resistant etc.

He hits HARD, and fast, and Rampages..I can tell you he hits for up to 1k....usually between 500-1k dmg per hit. If he doesnt aggro once awakened, he will walk out the room and poof eventually. He is a 24 hour respawn (the longest on the server, as most other bosses are 2 hours).

I had been discussing some of my info and brainstorming some of my different ideas to employ against him with another high level rogue, Shock. I initially was planning on trying to solo the Sleeper, regardless of how long the fight might take, ...if it was possible. My last testing attempt (thats what I am calling it...I intended to die...not really)...I was only able to get him down to 94% or so...had used 35 cheal potions up to that point, and had about a 3 sec lag spike...Loading Please Wait....

Since then and the downing, I had obtained an additional 90-100 AA's....and gotten mostly Time geared, and some elemental gear, along with picking up at least 5-6 dirty green augment stones (extremely beneficial). My partner in crime, Shock, has all the same gear, just not quite as many AA's yet. So when the discussion of partnering up came along, I was very much on board, mainly because of how bad Sleeper owned me a couple weeks prior.

*** To the fight***
Some basic info...the only players present were myself and Shock, wonder rogue powers...activate. We started with a Rogue Kite (tm) methodology and this was working...however, it was going very very slowly....Shock was leading the kite...and I think he got sick of running backwards...and truth be told he can be an impatient little dorf at times. For example, Shock arrived before me and started downing the warders...(sending me tells..Are you coming or what?)Once I arrived I was chasing him around the tomb, trying to prepare self buffs and summon shurikens...when...he killed the last warder and the game was afoot! Thus why Shock got to lead most of the kite time, although we did have one shift to myself, and the Sleeper got off the path a couple of times before getting back on track.

I think we had the Sleeper down to about 85% or so, and it had been a fair bit of time to get to this point, and the kite turned into tanking and stabbing. Shock tanked the entire rest of the fight...he did a great job of it. I will say there was at least one moment when I saw his HP go down to 3% before a heal hit him....I thought he was a goner, and potentially myself next. But it didnt happen, neither of us died, we both used our offensive discs twice during the fight, as they had refreshed.

The fight was about 40 minutes, going from memory as I do not have a log of the fight. The loots were the same as Quarm loots (even the same double-zinis), we obtained 3 items, and forgetful aug stone. I have screenshots and will post when I figure out the linking.
restene

Re: Rogue Powa ~ = Sleeper Down

Post by restene »

hey aniac:

1. no screenshot = didn't happen
2. when are we gonna some some nerf bat on rogs? :D

congrats man. i am still dragging to level up my mage. I want to see different combo, maybe a sk/mage.
Aniac

Post by Aniac »

Last edited by Aniac on 27 Nov 2016 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
TDanger84

Post by TDanger84 »

I was curious, what makes a rogue powerful on this server? is it the poisons? I have never really played a rogue, mostly because I have always preferred solo and tend to go for pet classes or hybrids. I figured that not being behind the mobs for backstab would negate the rogue dps ability.
Aniac

Post by Aniac »

I would say a rogues DPS is one of the things that makes them powerful. The rogue DPS is definitely helped with the Bite of the Shissar line of poisons available in game (Direct damage), but is also helped greatly with quite a few AA's.

You are right in that the Rogues DPS goes up dramatically when they are backstabbing and are appropriately located behind the mob. However, at level 59, 'Chaotic Stab' AA becomes available, which allows you to backstab from anywhere. The AA says you only get minimum damage when not located behind the mob. Being a solo server, you will rarely be behind a mob if soloing. If grouping, and there is a tank, you may get to backstab like 'normal'.

Rogues are definitely a solo class here on Casual Dreams, and I enjoy a lot of the higher end aspects of the rogue class.

I would primarily play whichever class you want to just for fun,

Aniac